WordPress/WooCommerce Backend Developer
We are currently hiring a WordPress developer responsible for back-end development, including creating themes and plugins for WordPress and WooCommerce.
The candidate should have a strong understanding of WordPress Codex and the trends and particularities of the WordPress and WooCommerce ecosystem.
The candidate must have experience in developing complex WordPress and WooCommerce websites.
Dengun is a software development company located in the Algarve, Portugal, with clients in Silicon Valley, New York, Amsterdam, Moscow, London, and Macau.
- Produce well-structured code, with detailed specifications. This means that your code is commented, well structure, readable and comes with documentation;
- Extending WordPress and WooCommerce functionality to work with external systems / APIs;
- Providing input on business decisions and project goals;
- Ensure high performance and apply industry best practices in WordPress/WooCommerce development;
- Collaborate with a team of developers, designers and project managers on the development of websites and eCommerce websites;
- Be happy! :)
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 4 years experience in developing complex websites using WordPress/WooCommerce;
- Always follow WordPress coding standards and best practices;
- Excellent knowledge of PHP;
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL;
- Experience with RESTful APIs;
- Ability to debug your own code and that of others;
- Knowledge of architecture principles such as OOP and DRY;
- Good understanding of code version control tools such as GIT;
- Familiarity with using command-line tools on Linux servers is a plus;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated;
- Previous development agency experience preferred;
- Fluent in English, spoken and written.